Cenex Nederland can use real-world data in our research and consultancy projects with the in-house CLEAR Capture solution, gathering raw data from a vehicle plug-in device via the mobile network.
We specialise in areas of energy for transport, smart mobility and circular economy and apply our expertise in our consultancy and research activities, working with technology developers, academia, NGOs, public sector and end users.
Amongst other things, our team helps to:
- initiate, develop and support activities in Research, Development and Demonstration projects to help accelerate the pace of introduction of new low carbon technologies and circular economy initiatives,
- offer Advisory and Consultancy Services, as well as supporting knowledge sharing, relating to strategic planning, assessments, implementation and evaluation of low carbon technologies and sustainable use of resources in smart mobility and IT systems,
- share Best Practice, create communities of interest to help transfer learning and know-how through Training, through technology showcasing and networking Events, as well as through Reports and Publications.
We have developed several tools that assist us in providing the best possible advise to our clients, learn more about our tools here.
Scroll down to learn more about each of our focus areas and in which ways we could work with you.
For optimising EV use, in combination with renewable energy sources and ICT within flexible energy systems, we can provide you with the support using our expertise in:
- developing and assessing chargepoint network installation strategies for both public and private sector clients,
- feasibility studies and suggestions for potential infrastructure sites and conducting cost benefit analyses for potential business models,
- liaising with stakeholders to understand the requirements of the intended users and to gain an understanding of grid constraints and advising on smart management strategies,
- Researching and developing Vehicle to Grid (V2G) technology and assessing the business case on an individual basis.
Working in research and development or looking to make informed business decisions? We have build knowledge and expertise in cutting edge innovation in EV’s and supporting energy infrastructure, including Car-sharing, Smart Charging, Vehicle-to-Grid and integration of Electric Vehicles with on-site renewable energy sources, battery storage and supporting ICT systems, as well as new game-chargers wireless charging, connected and autonomous vehicle technology and sensor technology.
The Netherlands is leading worldwide with the highest charge-point density in charging infrastructure.
Making the case to include the circular economy approach to mobility and electronics makes sense. Our work with the auto industry highlights the critical role electronics plays in making mobility smart and clean. This creates a heavy demand on resources. Therefore the goal for Zero Waste should be on an equal footing with Zero Emission.
The number of IoT devices that is expected to grow to 10 billion by 2020 and 22 billion by 2025. Today’s average car has the computing power of 20 personal computers, and processes up to 25 gigabytes of data an hour. With electric cars, charging infrastructure, connected and autonomous vehicles yet to break through to the masses, working and exchanging knowledge to enable sustainable use of resources cross-sector is a necessity.
Our team can also support you in analysing and addressing impact from materials use and take measures such as:
- supporting Climate neutral and Circular ICT procurement,
- providing workshops and training on applying circularity,
- using 2nd life batteries as static storage (incl. within smart charging/V2G set-up),
- analysing electronics/ICT and mobility life-cycle impact,
- set-up pilots and case studies and developing new business models (with chain partners).
But we are up for any related challenge you would like to work together on.
In 2016, 44.7 million metric tonnes of e-waste were generated. This is the equivalent of almost 4.500 Eiffel towers.